At the CorkBIC Venture Academy participating companies get real feedback, advice and coaching on their pitch. It is a unique opportunity for early stage startups, SMEs and investors to hear from serial entrepreneurs and investors, as well as seeing pitches from some of the hottest start-ups & entrepreneurs around.
The CorkBIC Venture Academy is taking place in conjuction with the CorkBIC Global Investor Challenge. The CorkBIC Global Investor Challenge, powered by Bank of Ireland is looking for the most investible Startups and Entrepreneurs to pitch in Cork this November as part of the Startup Nations Summit and Global Startup Gathering.
At the CorkBIC Venture Academy, the 12 finalists from the CorkBIC Global Investor Challenge will pitch to an audience of selected angel investors, and members of Ireland’s most successful investment syndicate, the Cork Boole Syndicate. Here, they will receive will receive clear advice and guidance on how to improve their investor proposition from investors and seasoned Entrepreneurs.
Participating investors and entrepreneurs include:
- Julian Costley – Former co-founding CEO of E*TRADE UK, founding CEO Globecast NE, founding MD Computer Channel BSkyB, Country Manager Reuters, now professional angel investor and chairman/NED
- Arun Kapil, Green Saffron – Anglo-Indian food entrepreneur, spice expert, and founder of Green Saffron and a regular on TV
- Pete Smyth, Broadlake – Broadlake is a private investment company focused on investing in established and growing SMEs
- Business Angels and Members of Ireland’s most active angel investment syndicate, Cork-based Boole Investments
- Companies who have recently raised investment and have been through the EI HPSU process
- Serial Entrepreneurs who know all too well the importance of investment at the right time from the right source