Announcement Date: January 14, 2013
Cork Innovates successfully secured a research team from the University of Michigan, Ross School of Business in late 2012. The team visited the Cork region in January 2013, conducting extensive primary and secondary research.
The objectives of this report were as follows;
- Identify the role that Cork Innovates partner organisations play in the regional entrepreneurial eco-system, and develop a strategy for Cork Innovates to be the most effective and supportive element of this eco-system.
- Provide multiple benchmarks for Cork Innovates to use in improving its own operations for the longer term
- Expand the initiative’s network to enable it to engage with similar operations internationally.
- Identify specific initiatives which will enable Cork Innovates to maximise the benefit of its efforts.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the regional entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Identify best practice models vis-a-vis international best practice models and provide high-level recommendations to maintain the impact, increase the scope and heighten the strategic benefit of Cork Innovates.